December 6, 2010 True Love

As I mentioned already – today is our anniversary. And I got a really special gift.

I got to photograph true love.

Esther and Jack have been married 40+ years and are the best cuddlers I’ve ever met. The way he cuddles in to Esther, tells her she’s beautiful and sings to her…. beats any Hollywood attempt at romance. It is always such an honour to do a photo shoot like this one where I can go and capture memories while they’re still being created. Esther’s family is hoping and praying she’ll be with them for one more Christmas. Her family – wow. I have never seen anything like them. Everyone holding hands, arms wrapped around each other, loving…. and then when we were leaving I said it looked like they really enjoyed each other. They answered they sure do – and love to sing together to. “Sing??” I asked… that’s all it took. Spontaneously they burst into song, holding hands, harmonies… Esther beaming in the middle of it all. It was an amazing moment.

Jack and Esther – thank you for the gift on my anniversary of an example of true love.

IMG 9128 2 True Love

IMG 9114 True Love

Celebrating life and love,

Krista

10 Responses to “True Love”

1. alethea Hodge says:

Thank you for recording such a sacred moment between two very special people. To God be the Glory.

2. Mark Hawkins says:

Hello
    Thanks for coming to shoot the Photos. She now has here Heavenly Body and has no more suffering. We miss her dearly. We are very grateful to have the Photos to keep her Memory Alive.
    Thanks

3. Mike says:

An inspiration to all of us. God bless you and your entire famliy “Hawkeye”.

4. Carole says:

I am a friend of Sheri’s. I am awe struck by God’s grace in this whole situation. You can feel the power of his loving embrace as he surrounds this family and situation. They have served him their entire lives and their dedication is being honored in the most amazing way. As for Jack and Esther you can feel the power of their love jump out at you through the photograph. We should all be so lucky as to find that in our lives. Many strive for it but only a few prized people get to experience it. They are amazing people who have done amazing things with their lives. I say they deserve every gift God has given them.

5. Sheri says:

I am Jack and Esther’s daughter Sheri, and your blog has left me in tears. I know exactly what you mean, I’ve lived with these two extraordinary people for the past 35 years of my life, and they are just as lovely ‘in private’ as they are ‘in public’. I have had the privilege of witnessing many beautiful moments with them, particularly over the past few months while mom’s been sick and dependent on dad’s care. I’ve seen dad hold my mother against his chest when he was transferring her from a chair to the bed, and gently sway her back and forth as if dancing with her, even though her feet were a half-inch up off the ground. Once I caught a glimpse of him whispering into her ear as she laid in bed, and he was saying, “for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health”. My dad is a seemingly unending force of positive energy, always ready to bound over to my mother’s side in a moment’s notice, his blue eyes twinkling and a smile on his face, ready & willing to do her bidding. He kisses her literally dozens of times in a day, and every morning they say a prayer and thank the Lord for the blessing of another day together. I am sure you’d agree that even the harshest of cynics would be converted to believe in the existence of true love after having met my parents. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for coming into their little world for a moment and seeing them through my eyes, and then expressing it, not only through your beautiful photos, but your kind words. I am profoundly grateful.

6. Karla says:

Wow, what a moment to capture!!! thanks for sharing this with us!!!

7. allison pomeroy says:

i’m bawling! very touching, krista. you sure know how to capture the true moment.

8. Monica says:

Wow, that teared me up quickly too. This is one of my favourite posts of all time on your blog. That picture absolutely says a thousand words. And leaves me with none.

Except… HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

9. Shannon says:

So beautiful, in tears here-great reminder of how to live life and love fully!